Ringworm is a common skin disease that can affect adults,
children and animals. It is a fungal infection that is non-life
threatening but very inconvenient and uncomfortable to live
Some of the common causes of ringworm
- Cuts in the skin
- Sharing towels and combs of infected people
- From infected pets
- Gym showers and locker rooms
- Contaminated soil
Ringworm generally can be treated with
either over the counter medication or doctor's prescription.
There are also a number of home remedies that can be used to
help with ringworm disease.
1. Mustard seed pasted – Use some mustards
seeds and ground to powder. Add water to make a paste. Apply
the paste on the affected area till it clears up.
2. Use slices of raw papaya to rub on the
ringworm patches. Be careful when applying, as you do not want
to over rub. You can also make a paste from dried papaya seeds.
Raw papaya treatment is one of the most effective home remedies
3. Use raw vegetable juices like spinach
juice combined with carrot juice.
4. Use yeast infection cream or athletes
5. Use juice of holy basil leaves on the
The above home remedies can be used to help
with ringworm treatment. However, if the infection persists, be
sure to check with your doctor right away to prevent the
infection from getting worse.